Director of Core Sales: North America
Electric is a global, premium, sport and lifestyle accessory brand rooted in southern California’s rich action sports, music, art and customization culture. Electric’s unrelenting approach to the elevation of style, quality and function in its products has earned the brand a renowned position.
Electric wants to share our passion for the action sports industry with you. Our dynamic culture attracts the most creative, passionate individuals. We work hard and play hard in a fun casual work environment located in the beautiful beach city of San Clemente. We urge you to come join the ride!
Oversees national sales activities of organization by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. Carries responsibility for achieving domestic sales targets for all product categories and channels.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Manages showroom activity in connection with key selling market timing.
- Manages all direct to consumer channels, inclusive of retail and ecommerce activity.
- Advises dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Works with sales team to establish cultural ‘best practice’ sales strategies to be implemented worldwide.
- Works with National Sales Managers to evaluate sales territories allocated to sales representatives.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales.
- Develops and maintains MAP pricing policies.
- Develops tradeshow participation and selling strategies nationally, and coordinates activity with local sales management.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals, participating in key client sales presentations as needed.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on the activities and products of the competition.
- Submits briefs for research and development work.
- College degree required, MBA preferred.
- Or 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Director of Sales Position.
No phone calls please.